"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Scrap Happy - Completed purse

Finished the little cross-body purse last night.   This one went together much easier than the first one did because I remembered to not do things the hard way....lol

Most of the fabrics in this were batik strings that I had accumulated through buying scrap bags in various quilt stores.   The 3 or 4 that are about 2" in size were cut off of larger scrap pieces.   The lining was a large scrap piece that came home in a scrap bag at some point.  The binding around the edges was also out of scraps.   And the batting that the strips were pieced to was also a scrap piece leftover from a long ago project. 

The purple webbing was the only thing bought new and that was 3 or so years ago.   The button was bought last year at Joann's when they redid their button layout and had a lot of them on clearance for $0.25. 

Finished size of the purse is 7.5" wide by 9" tall. 

This year there is a 2020 challenge being hosted by Sharon Boggan to use 2020 different items in their stitching by the end of 2020.   And while I'm not taking part in the challenge per se because I'm not working on only CQ, I am adapting it to fit what I'm doing these days.  So I will be keeping track of how many different fabrics, buttons and other items I use in my quilting over the next couple of year.

In this little bag my totals are 17 different fabrics, 1 button and the purple webbing for a total of 19 different items in the purse not counting the batting used to give it body.

Linking up with Kate and Gun for the Scrap Happy posts.   To see what everyone else is doing click here.

Gratitudes:

1. Possibilities for future housing if mortgage pre-approval comes through.

2. For no icy conditions in the current cold front last night and today.



3 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

That's a cute little purse, and a great Scrappy result. I've kind of got out of the habit of making bags – I really must get back to it as a way of using even more scraps!

Susan said...

The purse is lovely! Did you count the fabrics in the wedding quilt yet? I'm curious about that. Where are you keeping track of these things? Just on the blog? I'm hoping and praying for you and housing. =)

Magpie Sue said...

Good job with the bag! Especially the part where you remembered to avoid doing things the hard way. ;-) I'm very familiar with that particular challenge.